Friday 18 July 2008

Botany

Plants are probably my first love. I suppose being born in a plant nursery had something to do with it. However, during my teenage years I became a little rebellious affirming that I would have nothing to do with plants in the future but later succumbed and finished a degree in Biology then a masters in plant taxonomy and currently I am in the final stages of a plant taxonomy and systematics PhD.

And all of this for what? Well, my second love for crafts has always fed from this enthusiasm for nature in general and plants in particular. I think they are a great source of inspiration with infinite colours and shapes, they are just marvelous.

Here are some fantastic items made by crafters inspired by plants:

these utterly gorgeous Ginkgo biloba earrings by esdesigns are simply stunning.


these botanical drawing-style tags by SugarStreetCafe are a treasure for plant and vintage lovers alike



this delicate and tasteful candle holder by botanicraft is a feast for the senses







And with these few fabulous items I wrap up and would like to remind everyone of how vital plants are for the planet: they give us oxygen, they feed us, they dress us, they house us, and not only they are crucial to us "self-centered" human beings but to all creatures on earth.


1 comments:

Kreativlink said...

The floral tags are so lovely!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Google